Jobseekers are “in the driver’s seat” with a record number of advertised positions and low unemployment, NZ Herald reports. Seek figures show an 88% jump in advertised jobs in August, compared to the same time in 2020. The number of jobs on offer has also increased 2% each month for the past five months, peaking in July at the highest number ever advertised. However, while the number of people unemployed in New Zealand is dropping by more than 1000 a week in recent months, the number of people applying for jobs is declining.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions