After the two previous lockdowns, South Auckland leaders say not having a community outbreak located in the region is a small relief, the Spinoff reports. South Auckland weight-loss guru David Letele and his community wellbeing organisation, BBM Motivation, have already given out almost 2500 meals, and Letele has had regular contact with the council’s Emergency Management team and MSD staff – a big improvement on previous lockdowns. Meanwhile, Manukau ward Auckland councillor Alf Filipaina is in discussion with the Counties Manukau DHB about setting up pop-up testing and vaccination sites in the area.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions