Newsroom reveals the latest Level 4 lockdown may be the final nail in the coffin for hospitality workers, who have dealt with 18 months of uncertainty, abusive bosses and customers, all while risking their mental and physical health. Auckland bar manager, Lee, feels this lockdown is the final straw for many concerned hospitality workers. But it’s not been so easy for everyone looking to change careers, and Lee says employers don’t appreciate the soft skills hospitality workers have.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’