The government has withdrawn its support for The Lord of the Rings TV series, after Amazon Studios decided to shift production of future seasons to the United Kingdom, RNZ reports. Previously, New Zealand had agreed to an extra 5% incentive, on top of the standard 20% rebate on qualifying production spending in this country, under the terms of the International Screen Production Grant. Amazon Studios has told the government post-production work on season one will continue here till June 2022.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions