Watercare is yet to integrate climate change into its long-term modelling tools, and Auckland mayor Phil Goff is concerned, says The Spinoff. Experts are asking why the council-controlled organisation has moved so slowly on such a critical issue. At Auckland Council’s Environment and Climate Change Committee meeting on August 12 regarding the CCO’s work to reduce emissions, Goff asked Thurston for an update on Auckland Council’s request from 2019 for the CCO to integrate climate change into its modelling tools. Thurston admitted that work to upgrade the Integrated Source Management Model (ISMM) had only recently begun.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions