Auckland police responded heavily to a report of a firearm in East Auckland, with six police vehicles and a helicopter on-scene, Stuff reports, only to discover it was a fisherman’s equipment. Police received a report of a man being in possession of a firearm in the Somerville area. No gunman was located, instead the police found a local with fishing equipment who had spent the morning at the reserve. Police informed the man of the level 4 rules in place, he was escorted off the premises and asked to return home.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’