Auckland police responded heavily to a report of a firearm in East Auckland, with six police vehicles and a helicopter on-scene, Stuff reports, only to discover it was a fisherman’s equipment. Police received a report of a man being in possession of a firearm in the Somerville area. No gunman was located, instead the police found a local with fishing equipment who had spent the morning at the reserve. Police informed the man of the level 4 rules in place, he was escorted off the premises and asked to return home.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions