Measures to prevent street racing are being proposed for Cockle Bay, near Howick, following a public meeting hosted by Botany MP Chris Luxon, Stuff reports. The changes, expected to come into force in the next few months, include speed bump and traffic-calming strategies, a speed limit change and stricter policing measures. The meeting was called following the recent crash of a racer into a power-pole, which left the driver with serious injuries and caused a power outage.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions