Auckland’s district health boards (DHBs) are trying to contain the effect of the latest Covid-19 alert level 4 lockdown, having cancelled a large number of non-acute operations and procedures, Stuff reveals. A spokesperson for the Northern Region Health Co-ordination Centre (NRHCC) said, “We continue to provide essential and urgent medical care. We have full confidence in our infection prevention and control measures and in our staff to manage cases of COVID-19 safely.” The spokesperson said patients are being contacted directly by DHBs to reschedule appointments and they are working through this as quickly as possible.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions