Rhonda M. Shaw lays out for Newsroom the pitfalls of egg-freezing as a reproductive technique in New Zealand – especially for trans and non-binary people. In Aotearoa New Zealand, egg freezing is seen by medical professionals as a risk-management technology that provides the option to extend fertility later in life. However, the Law Commission is currently reviewing compensation for surrogate mothers in Aotearoa New Zealand, as trans men are not eligible for public funding for egg freezing because hormone therapy is seen as reversible.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions