The Delta variant of the coronavirus that causes Covid-19 was transmitted between two groups of people at Auckland’s Jet Park Hotel when two hotel-room doors were open at the same time for just three to five seconds, Stuff reports. Covid-19 Response Minister Chris Hipkins says the transmission shows how quickly the virus has mutated. Meanwhile, “Immediate changes” have been made at Jet Park as a result, including to meal delivery and health check procedures, to prevent future episodes of doors opening at the same time.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions