An Auckland Councillor and an Onehunga church have offered to claim the baby girl found dead at an Auckland recycling centre, so she can have a proper burial, Stuff reports. The body of the newborn baby girl, born at full term, was found at Visy Recycling, in Onehunga, on August 16. Maungakiekie-Tamaki ward councillor Josephine Bartley said if the newborn is left unclaimed, the Onehunga community will claim her. St Peters Anglican Church in Onehunga are also on board to provide a funeral and burial for the baby girl at the church’s graveyard.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions