An Auckland Councillor and an Onehunga church have offered to claim the baby girl found dead at an Auckland recycling centre, so she can have a proper burial, Stuff reports. The body of the newborn baby girl, born at full term, was found at Visy Recycling, in Onehunga, on August 16. Maungakiekie-Tamaki ward councillor Josephine Bartley said if the newborn is left unclaimed, the Onehunga community will claim her. St Peters Anglican Church in Onehunga are also on board to provide a funeral and burial for the baby girl at the church’s graveyard.
- In praise of public libraries, and those who work in them
- Costco’s $100 million Auckland store delays opening
- Consulting Group says New Zealand’s brand has never been stronger
- Auckland man allegedly behind prolific graffiti tag ’caused $250k in damage’
- Why the bank of mum and dad is now moving in with the kids