A child under the age of 1 is the youngest case in the Delta outbreak so far, while a number of other positive cases are teenagers, NZ Herald reveals. Director-General of Health Ashley Bloomfield said a large proportion of cases were also now of Samoan ethnicity, as a result of the sub-cluster of about 58 cases linked to the Assembly of God Church of Samoa in Mangere. The second-largest sub-cluster was centred on Birkdale, on Auckland’s North Shore, and had about 23 known cases.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions