KiwiRail is working with Auckland Transport to fix damaged train tracks which have caused widespread speed restrictions, Stuff reports. Several causes were identified regarding poor train track conditions, including the historic underinvestment of the rail track infrastructure, insufficient rail grinding, poor underlying track condition, climate challenges and train design. Around 130km of the rail has been replaced and work is underway to repair more complex sections.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions