An Auckland nursery which has been growing cucumber plants for over 30 years, has stopped due to an unidentified disease, RNZ reports. According to Gellert Nursery owner Steve Gellert, who has been growing hundreds of thousands of the plants every year, some plants have not been growing so well in the past five years, with something stunting the early stage of their growth. Gellert sought help from growers around the world and even sent plants to plant labs in Europe for testing – but the problem remains a mystery.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions