One thousand trees are felled in urban Auckland every week according to “Stop the Chop” coalition, Stuff reports. The group says 2000 trees across the supercity are individually listed as “notable”, while 60 percent of the trees are unprotected on private property. The Tree Council and arborists have united under the ”Stop the Chop” slogan to encourage people to unite against proposed changes to part of the Resource Management Act.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions