An Auckland gym has issued a public apology for an Instagram post seen by many as transphobic, RNZ reports. The post, which was already deleted, was previously shared by City Kickboxing co-owner Doug Viney about transgender weightlifter Laurel Hubbard on Tuesday morning. Hubbard happened to make history at the Tokyo Olympics as the first openly trans woman to compete at the Games.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions