Auckland Film Studios is getting $30 million from the government to expand its capacity, RNZ reports. Auckland Council is chipping in another $5m for the overall $35m project, which will see two new 2000sq/m sound stages and other buildings added to the West Auckland site. Some of the projects being filmed in council-owned Auckland Film Studios include Xena: Warrior Princess, The Chronicles of Narnia, Whale Rider, and Power Rangers.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions