Manurewa-Papakura ward councillor Daniel Newman is calling for greater developments for wealthier suburbs instead of low density zonings and heritage protections, Stuff reports. The call comes after Auckland Council considered how to allow more growth across the city in line with the Government’s new urban development guidelines. Newman believes that the current development approach of zoning and heritage overlays has led to an increase in urban sprawl without the necessary public transport infrastructure to support it.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions