An Aucklander is in custody after leading police on a 40km lockdown car chase that culminated in their vehicle being spiked and careening off the road, Newshub reveals. Police located the car on the Northern Motorway in the nearby suburb of Ellerslie, but the driver allegedly failed to stop and “continued to drive in a reckless manner”. Police pursued the vehicle for more than 30km along State Highway 16 to the north-west suburb of Kumeū, where they managed to spike the vehicle.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions