Businesses in Auckland fear boundary problems if Covid-19 alert levels outside the city are lowered first, Stuff reports. Auckland Unlimited’s Nick Hill said businesses were worried about a “split economy” where the rest of the country moves into lower alert levels, but Auckland continues in an alert level 4 lockdown. “There are some real challenges around the likelihood Auckland remains locked down and how the border is managed, and the impact on the economy and the flow of workers across the border,” said Hill.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions