New Zealand’s medicine regulator has given the AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine provisional approval for people 18 and over, TVNZ reports. AstraZeneca is the third Covid-19 vaccine to gain approval from Medsafe while Pfizer is the only one to have been given the green-light by the Government. New Zealand has a pre-purchase agreement of 7.6 million doses of the two dose vaccine. Acting Covid-19 Response Minister Ayesha Verrall said first delivery of the vaccine could be as early as late August.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions