The America’s Cup defender Team New Zealand is talking with a shortlist of three potential hosts for the 37th cup, and is pouring cold water on a private investor’s proposal for a home defence, Stuff reports. The team’s chief executive Grant Dalton had not written off doing a deal with the Government, but described the next challenge being in home waters as a “small chance”. The offer from the government and Auckland Council appeared to be off a similar scale to the 2021 deal which provided $40 million cash for the event only, along with infrastructure, and no cash for the team.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’