The America’s Cup defender Team New Zealand is talking with a shortlist of three potential hosts for the 37th cup, and is pouring cold water on a private investor’s proposal for a home defence, Stuff reports. The team’s chief executive Grant Dalton had not written off doing a deal with the Government, but described the next challenge being in home waters as a “small chance”. The offer from the government and Auckland Council appeared to be off a similar scale to the 2021 deal which provided $40 million cash for the event only, along with infrastructure, and no cash for the team.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions