A woman who spent years in a South Korean religious sect operating in Auckland is warning others of its fraudulent recruitment techniques, RNZ reports. Shincheonji Church of Jesus has been described as a doomsday cult and is led by a man, Lee Man-hee, claiming to be the ‘promised pastor’ mentioned in the bible. Pastor Steve Worsley from the Mount Albert Baptist Church in Auckland was equally concerned and said recruiters had been sneaking into church services. “They target middle or bigger sized churches where they can slip in and pretend to be a congregation member,” he said.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions