A woman has been fined after taking hundreds of cockles from an Auckland beach where the gathering of shellfish is banned, TVNZ reports. The woman admitted taking shellfish (namely cockles) and obstructing a fishery officer following the incident at Eastern Beach in November last year. She took the shellfish despite 17 signages at the beach informing people it was closed for the gathering of shellfish.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions