Residents in a West Auckland street are frustrated as they have been without running water for much of last week, due to broken pipes, TVNZ reports. Watercare is struggling to fix issues with its aging pipes infrastructure, and the ongoing works have caused headaches for commuters, with parts of the road being ripped up to allow access to the damaged sections of the pipe. A Watercare spokesperson says the issue has been “immediately escalated” as they continue investigating. A water tanker was set up on the side of Lavelle Road, with fresh bottles of water being dished out to residents affected.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions