Public transport commentator Matt Lowrie has labelled the public consultation process for Auckland’s light rail project as a token gesture, Stuff reports. The Auckland Light Rail (ALR) Group announced the first round of public consultation on Thursday for a rapid transit system running from the central business district to the airport. However, Lowrie contends the material released lacks details on the preferred route and mode of the project, the cost and the potential disruption to businesses.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions