The Pepino Mosaic Virus has been identified for the first time in New Zealand in indoor-grown tomato crops, RNZ reports. New Zealand growers could lose some of their international markets because of it. Growers need to introduce strict hygiene measures, keep a close eye on their crops and contact Biosecurity New Zealand for advice if they suspect their plants are affected.
- Auckland lockdown: More than half of students drop off radar at some schools
- Fire crews tackle large blaze at house in Sandringham, Auckland
- TV scientist Nanogirl inundated with vaccine questions from ‘petrified’ teachers
- 285 bids over 81 minutes: Inside the exhausting battle to buy an Auckland home
- Minimum wage earners, pensioners no longer qualify for legal aid