The new $69m Puhinui Station Interchange will open in Papatoetoe on 26 July, RNZ reports. The interchange hurdled several challenges including Covid-19 lockdowns and international supply chain issues to make sure it gets completed in time for its unveiling this July. The interchange is expected to provide a vital link between the airport and the rest of the city, and allow people to transfer between services at the new joint bus and train station.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions