Takapuna residents are hitting out at Auckland Council over colourful road paintings which were included in a $400,000 road improvements trial, Newshub reports. The trial is aimed at improving Huron and Northcroft streets which the Auckland Council says are windy, unsafe, and unpleasant for people, but it seems the cost tag has riled some locals up. One resident posted photos of the colourful dots to a community Facebook page calling out the spending.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions