A south Auckland man says he is lucky to be alive after his family home was targeted in an early morning drive-by shooting last week, RNZ reports. Tuporo Maroroa says he and his family ran for their lives as the bullets showered the front of his family’s Palmers Rd home. Maroroa added that six gunshots were fired as his family slept. The drive-by-style shooting is the latest in a spate of gun-related crime in Auckland. Possible gang links are being looked into, and anyone with information on the shooting is asked to contact Counties-Manukau Police.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions