An Auckland barber shop and tattoo parlour was been firebombed and shot up, amid growing gang tensions in the region, Stuff reports. Residents fear that the incident in Māngere could be the first major shot in a war for control of the south Auckland suburb. Police are yet to make an arrest following the attack on the business in Kirkbride Rd early on Thursday last week, but have confirmed they do not believe it was a random attack and say it could be linked to organised crime groups.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions