Experts say poverty, deprivation and limited access to healthcare are driving premature deaths in South Auckland, RNZ reports. Recently released data also shows the area has the worst rates in the Auckland region. Experts are hoping the creation of a new agency, Health New Zealand which is aimed at replacing the country’s 20 district health boards, will help address the number of premature deaths in South Auckland.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions