Retailers are planning to increase prices over the next three months to cover the rising import costs, Stuff reports. Retail NZ Retail Radar report shows the main factor for looming price increases is the increasing freight costs, increased rents and council rates, and the minimum wage rate rise which became mandatory on April 1. But shoe retailer Don Wearing, who owns three shops in Auckland and Wellington, says that a price increase is the last thing most want to do to keep their business alive.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions