Another south Auckland business has been shot up and scorched by fire as tensions build between rival gangs, Stuff reports. Republic Bar and Kitchen, next to a large shopping mall in Manukau’s City Centre, was shot at about five times early on Friday morning by assailants who remain at large. The attackers also tried to set the bar alight. Police and firefighters converged on the scene about 3.30am. Republic’s owner said the bar had no gang links and he had no idea who was responsible.
- In praise of public libraries, and those who work in them
- Costco’s $100 million Auckland store delays opening
- Consulting Group says New Zealand’s brand has never been stronger
- Auckland man allegedly behind prolific graffiti tag ’caused $250k in damage’
- Why the bank of mum and dad is now moving in with the kids