Another south Auckland business has been shot up and scorched by fire as tensions build between rival gangs, Stuff reports. Republic Bar and Kitchen, next to a large shopping mall in Manukau’s City Centre, was shot at about five times early on Friday morning by assailants who remain at large. The attackers also tried to set the bar alight. Police and firefighters converged on the scene about 3.30am. Republic’s owner said the bar had no gang links and he had no idea who was responsible.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions