Allan Laycock who won a battle with Samsung New Zealand over a rusty fridge, was awarded $6000 by the Disputes Tribunal, Stuff reports. The tribunal, on its May 19 decision, found that Samsung was wrong to claim it had no obligation to replace the rusted fridge door yet again. Samsung did not attend the hearing or appeal the decision. Meanwhile, because of “shoddy treatment” and the rust problems he experienced, Laycock, of Auckland, spent the money on a different brand, saying he would never buy a Samsung fridge again.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions