Severe gale south-easterly winds are expected to hit Auckland on Tuesday, as a low-pressure system moves across the top of the country with a severe weather warning remaining in place, Stuff reports. The bad weather will sweep in from the North Tasman Sea and is expected to dump between 80-100 millimetres of rain on Monday and Tuesday. It will then move down the east coast of the North Island to the Bay of Plenty on Tuesday, said MetService forecaster Aidan Pyselman.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions