The $69 million Puhinui Station in south Auckland is set to re-open on Monday 26 July 2021 – unlocking fast, frequent and easy connections to Auckland Airport, Auckland Council announces. The stunning architectural landmark includes mahi-toi (artwork) by Wāhi Wairua and the use of te reo Māori throughout – brought about by a partnership with mana whenua – with Te Ākitai Waiohua providing design leadership. The station closed in September 2019 due to construction works, but will connect trains with the electric AirportLink bus service.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions