A police officer was punched in the head more than eight times and knocked to the ground, during an early-morning attack at an Auckland service station, NZ Herald reports. The footage, which was taken on social media, revealed the dramatic scene of a man charging a male officer at the Mobil service station on Lincoln Rd in Henderson about 1am on Sunday, before throwing multiple punches – all aimed at the officer’s head. The officer attempts to retreat, but the man strikes the officer repeatedly in the head until he is knocked to the ground near the service station’s air pump.
- Auckland lockdown: More than half of students drop off radar at some schools
- Fire crews tackle large blaze at house in Sandringham, Auckland
- TV scientist Nanogirl inundated with vaccine questions from ‘petrified’ teachers
- 285 bids over 81 minutes: Inside the exhausting battle to buy an Auckland home
- Minimum wage earners, pensioners no longer qualify for legal aid