About 100 people composed of the police, gang and community members gathered for a community meeting on Friday to tackle gun crime in Auckland, Stuff reports. Attendees shared their ideas and then tackled the tough part of dealing with those problems and finding solutions. They worked in groups to come up with ideas and shared them later in the evening. Jo, who asked not to be named but was the organiser of the event, said the problem isn’t going to be fixed in one meeting but they have to start somewhere.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions