Nurses across the country have voted to go ahead with planned strike action, NZ Herald reports. The New Zealand Nurses Organisation (NZNO) said its 30,000 members working in DHBs had voted in favour of three more strikes. The strikes will be on July 29 for 24 hours, an eight-hour strike on August 19, and another 24-hour strike on September 9. This follows continued mediation between nurses and the DHBs, but Health Minister Andrew Little says he is satisfied there had been constructive discussion between the two parties.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’