As questions hang over whether the country’s three main centres: Christchurch, Wellington and Auckland are in for new leadership, there is no firm commitment from Wellington and Auckland mayors to run again, NZ Herald reports. Auckland Mayor Phil Goff said he will decide early next year if he will run again though there are rumors he could be off to Washington as New Zealand’s Ambassador to the United States replacing career diplomat Rosemary Banks who has been in the role since February 2018.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions