A trailer for a new television series based on the story of the rise of The Polynesian Panthers has been released, Stuff reports. Set in Auckland in 1974, the show sees ‘Ilolahia – the black sheep of his Tongan family and ‘The Professor’ of the streets – frustrated at seeing his community stuck in a broken system. Muldoon’s arrival as Prime Minister in 1975 fuels the divide between white and Polynesian New Zealanders and sees the start of the racially-targeted Immigration Dawn Raids.
- Auckland lockdown: More than half of students drop off radar at some schools
- Fire crews tackle large blaze at house in Sandringham, Auckland
- TV scientist Nanogirl inundated with vaccine questions from ‘petrified’ teachers
- 285 bids over 81 minutes: Inside the exhausting battle to buy an Auckland home
- Minimum wage earners, pensioners no longer qualify for legal aid