The date for the rescheduled dawn raids apology is August 1, at the Auckland Town Hall, TVNZ reports. Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced in June the Government would formally apologise for the 1970s dawn raids that targeted the Pacific community in New Zealand. The event was originally booked for June 26, but was postponed due to the Wellington Covid scare.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions