The National Party has launched a billboard campaign imploring Kiwis to “demand the debate” on Government policies it says are being rushed through with insufficient consultation, Stuff reports. National leader Judith Collins launched the campaign on a busy street corner in Auckland’s Mt Wellington on Sunday morning, under a new digital billboard bearing her face and the message: “He Puapua? Demand the Debate.” The call roots from the contentious He Puapua report, commissioned by Te Puni Kōkiri and written in 2019 to set out how the Government could achieve the United Nations (UN) Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions