A poultry farm in Auckland will not be prosecuted after 190,000 chickens died in a single incident in 2019, Stuff reports. Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) stated it would not be prosecuting DB Chicks farm, near Helensville, over the deaths after taking advice from the Crown Solicitor. The chickens died on November 29, 2019, due to an electrical failure of equipment providing ventilation to a large chicken shed.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions