The majority of New Zealanders on a benefit will not be $20 better off a week, despite a boost to main benefits, TVNZ reports. To help vulnerable New Zealanders put food on the table and pay their power bills, the government lifted all main benefits by $20 starting July 1st. However, it is estimated that 193,000 individuals and families will receive less than $20 per week, while 178,000 people will receive an increase of $20 or a little bit more.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions