Exporters are starting to feel the impact of continued shipping delays, even with new records in the volume of goods New Zealand sends overseas, TVNZ reports. Despite a 17% rise in the past year of the value of products exported by sea, ships are facing a long list of issues, including congested ports and skyrocketing costs for containers. Exporters are discussing alternatives such as chartering ships, with predictions the shipping delays could last until 2023.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’