A house in Auckland’s Titirangi broke into fire on Tuesday night, with 20 firefighters and five trucks battling the blaze, NZ Herald reports. Crews were called to the fire on Tinopai Rd about 6.50pm. Police also followed to manage the closure of Tinopai Rd. Fortunately, there were no reported injuries. Peter Millman, who lives near the property, said he heard a number of explosions and saw flames around 20m high and “massive” plumes of smoke. He and his housemates collected their important belongings – including passports and computers – and evacuated, fearing the blaze could spread to their house.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions