Titirangi Protection Group is calling on Conservation Minister Kiri Allan to intervene after Watercare was granted consent to replace a water treatment plant in Auckland, Stuff reports. According to the protection group, a new species of wasp was found where the replacement of the 100-year-old Huia Water Treatment Plant is intended in Auckland’s Waitākere Ranges and the works could cause its extinction.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions