Firefighters were left shaken after eleven cats died in a blaze at a cat rescue centre in east Auckland on Wednesday, Newshub reports. Neighbours, the SPCA, and crews were able to save around 12 cats. The surviving felines were taken to a vet in Pakuranga to be treated for smoke inhalation. Meanwhile, an investigation is underway into what exactly caused the fire which was believed to have started in the kitchen.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions